Delegates attending the course will be introduced to the basics and best practices of fundraising. Delegates will learn how to become more effective fundraisers as we introduce the different types of opportunities available from corporates to trusts and foundations. The training will support any current fundraising strategies your organisation has. You will learn how to measure success and impact, and how to comply with fundraising the regulator. Key legal requirements and standards including GDPR will also be touched on.
Delegates in attendance will leave the training with new ideas and will add value to current fundraising strategies.
We incorporate a mix of delivery methods to ensure that all delegates are engaged throughout and achieve the agreed learning objective.
Aim – Understand fundraising and establish which method(s) are most applicable to your organisation. Evaluate and assess current strategies in line with legislation and organisational objectives.
All delegates will be able to:
- Utilise vital methods and tools for raising money
- Understand the key principles of fundraising and opportunities
- Understand fundraising in the real world: with case studies and examples.
- Find out how to identify your key donor types and gear your fundraising strategy towards them.
- Come away with new ideas and fresh motivation for raising funds for your organisation.
- Ensure your fundraising is legal and ethical
- Compare different sources of funding for your organisation.
- Apply fundraising in practice
Most delegates will be able to:
- Understand the fundraising planning process and your role within it
- Analyse the impact of the wider environment on your fundraising practice
- Develop and evaluate a fundraising strategy
- Understand the ‘three R’ principles of fundraising
- Measure success
- Draw up a fundraising plan
Some delegates should be able to :
- Create appropriate supporter communications designed to develop good relationships
- Understanding your donors and funders and how to meet their needs