The Space is an agency supporting arts organisations and artists to develop work and reach audiences online. They are seeking a new Chair to guide the organisation through the next exciting stage in its growth and development.
Following the appointment of a new CEO/Creative Director in 2016, and the development of an ambitious strategic plan, The Space is now seeking a board leader with a passion for the arts and cultural sector, a strong interest in the creative uses of digital technology and relevant experience in not-for-profit governance. The Chair will provide strategic and inclusive leadership to the Board and act as an advocate and ambassador for the company. They will have a passion for arts and culture and be constantly curious to push boundaries of what art would look like in a digitally first world.
To help lead ambitious growth plans, The Space needs a well-known and well-connected ambassador, with wide-ranging interests and experience, who can ensure the Board is balanced and representative, effective and focused. They will be excited by the challenge of re-imagining The Space and supporting the Executive to create a vision for dynamic growth. The Chair will be a credible and challenging voice in the rapidly changing digital media sphere, committed to exemplary governance in order to secure The Space’s continued success and resilience as an independent Community Interest Company.
The next Chair of The Space will:
- Have the ability to advocate, promote, lead and challenge;
- Have a passion for the arts and culture, and a constant curiosity for how the boundaries of art are being pushed in a digital world;
- Be familiar with digital content production and an advocate for the benefits of using digital technology to engage new audiences with cultural content;
- Be a creative entrepreneur, excited by The Space’s plans and committed to supporting its ambitions;
- Act as a champion for diversity and inclusion across The Space’s programmes;
- Be able to act as an ambassador for the organisation and a vocal advocate of its aims and vision;
- Have the ability to challenge both the Board and the Executive and be committed to developing the Board;
- Be collaborative in approach and clear in communication;
- Be able to interact at the most senior level with external bodies, and be comfortable in a public role;
- Provide support to the Executive and senior management.
Please send a cover letter addressing your interest and experience, and a brief CV, to Ros Hollinghurst email@example.com by midnight on 28th March 2019. Interviews will take place on 12th April in London.
Please address any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02072 678 369 or 07568 137 714.
Please download the candidate pack below for more information.
- External File The-Space-Recruitment-Pack.pdf