Inclusive Boards is working with a tech-centric startup, using the power of technology combined with applied nutritional science to change the world of dog food for good. Our client was recently acquired by a large multinational but remain independent.
Our client has created a website with an intelligent system that can formulate and fulfil bespoke individually optimise blends of food for each dog, and can also evolve that blend over time to match the dog’s constantly changing nutritional needs. Orders are delivered directly to the owners’ doorsteps every month across the UK; every bag of food that leaves the blending facility is totally unique.
Our client launched to the public in July 2014 and are well on the way to changing the face of pet food in the UK, with ambitions beyond our shores. They are well funded too, with investments from across the UK startup scene including Jam Jar (a.k.a the Innocent Drinks founders) and Octopus Ventures. They are also members of the TechCity Future Fifty, a prestigious network of the UK’s fastest growing tech companies, and are #4 in the Startups 100 index of exciting UK startups to watch. They are also award winners at the 2016 and 2017 Startups Awards, including Tech Business of the Year.
4 million. That’s how many meals our client delivers every single month, and they are just getting started.
Imagine a world where what you feed your dog is being as carefully optimised as the recommendation engine for what to watch next on Netflix. That is the world our client is creating.
So where do you come in? Turn 4 million into 4 billion. Our client is looking to develop anew nutrition algorithm that can handle more types of food. They will need better pricing engines for value engineering. And most importantly they want to keep customer experience front and centre of their development in a constantly evolving E-commerce world.
Their current team has backgrounds in various programming languages. The tech stack is predominantly Python, so we
Python language is a must!
In this role you will…
* Build robust backend services as part of the organisation’s event-driven architecture
* Collaborate in autonomous squads to deliver high impact features that customers love
* Lead best practices ensuring appropriate testing and great software engineering
* Contribute, both in ideas and execution, to the ongoing evolution of the platform architecture
* Guide and mentor other members of the team, share knowledge and challenging appropriately…
* Refine the skills and techniques necessary to take the next step in your career, whether that’s leading a team, architecting complex systems or just being the best developer you can be
Extra credit if you…
* Wrangle ES6 and frameworks like React, Vue.js and Angular like a pro
* Have experience taming build tools like Webpack and Gulp
* Feel queasy at the thought of working without proper CI/CD
* Give back to Open-Source as a maintainer or contributor
Competitive salary in line with experience, plus significant equity share.
Other benefits include:
* A £2,500 budget to buy whatever development kit you need
* A personal development budget for training, conferences, books, etc.
* Regular internal hackdays, after-work activities and team events
* Discounts on our products for you, family members and friends