An opportunity has emerged for a new Board Member interested in and with the potential to be a Chair in the near future and take Amber Housing forward through its next exciting phase of development.
Amber Housing is a subsidiary of Heritage Care and has grown from a dependent position providing limited property services exclusively to Heritage Care, to delivering a range of property and facilities management services to numerous partners across London Boroughs and shire counties in the Midlands and the East of England. The organisations has been providing quality housing management, property development and other housing related services for over a decade.
Amber housing brings a solid base of professionalism and expertise to the services they offer and have won awards that demonstrate their ability to deliver the highest quality of service to the organisations they work with and people they support. They own and manage on behalf of housing providers that provide accommodation for older adults, adults with a learning disability and or mental health needs.
We are looking for an individual who is willing to challenge and take risks but who also embodies and shares Amber Housing’s values which are aligned with those of Heritage Care. The Chair needs to behave with integrity, seek to inspire, respect diversity and value inclusiveness. Being innovative is a given resulting in a positive impact on the individuals supported by Heritage Care and their other partners.
We are seeking applications from individuals who have:
- Senior management operational/strategic experience in a private or third sector organisation of at least £2M turnover within one or more of the following areas:
- Commercial Property Development
- Procurements & Contracts (Housing)
- Legal Background (Housing)
- Business Development
- A commitment to the vision, mission and values of Amber Housing.
- An awareness and interest in health & adult social care and the role of the third sector in providing services.
- An empathy or understanding of the needs of disabled people and those who are vulnerable and disadvantaged and in need of care & support.
- An understanding of quality & safety, service development and service procurement.
- An ability to communicate at Board level and offer objective and reasoned advice and comment.
- An appreciation of the role of equal opportunities and diversity and how these should be applied.
- An ability to attend quarterly Board meetings, Board residential days, sub committees, training events and other ad hoc meetings, and to visit services on occasions.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd June. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Inclusive Boards directly or call Andrei Racasan on 07702 814 609 or 0115 934 8437.
- External File Amber-Housing-Chair-Pack.pdf