About the company
Inclusive Boards is working with a tech startup, using the power of technology combined with applied nutritional science to change the world of dog food for good. Our client was recently acquired by a large multinational but remain independent.
With an intelligent system that can formulate and fulfil bespoke individually optimise blends of food for each dog, and can also evolve that blend over time to match the dog’s constantly changing nutritional needs. Orders are delivered directly to the owners’ doorsteps every month across the UK; every bag of food that leaves the blending facility is totally unique.
The main tech stack is mainly Python (Flask + SQLAlchemy + Celery), utilizing Redis, MySQL, and S3, with live environment is hosted in AWS.
On the fulfilment side of things, the software also requires real-time communication with various physical devices, such as label printers, scales, and custom built weighing machines.
You’ll have a huge impact on the architecture of the tech platform and the shape of the team as they evolve. They have just started the journey of automating the fulfilment process, and joining the fulfilment team will give you the opportunity to work with their mechanical engineers to further the production line.
Our client’s technical co-founders come from senior hands-on positions at Amazon, Arts Alliance Media, and Zoopla, and so have a great software engineering ethos and it’s an excellent environment in which to thrive as a developer.
We would love to hear from you if you are an easy going, passionate developer who enjoys working closely with the customer (in this case the warehouse operations team) to spec, build, and maintain projects or features. You will need to enjoy “getting your hands dirty” and going onto the factory floor to test out new features, as well as troubleshoot any live issues.
You’ll get involved in all aspects of a project or feature, from pitching in ideas to speccing, building, releasing, monitoring, and everything in between. This includes writing the database tables up to putting together the final page.
Python is a must, but beyond that, we’re ultimately looking for smart people who enjoy solving real problems and working closely with others.
In terms of specific skills, we’re looking for someone who:
● Has commercial experience with Python or a modern object-oriented language such as Java or C#
● Understands software design patterns, and knows when to use them (and when not to)
● Codes in the spirit of readability and maintainability – ie embraces the K.I.S.S. philosophy of development.
● Experience working with distributed systems, including message and task queues such as Celery, Resque or Gearman
● Is able to navigate a linux server environment on the command line
● Can write functional and efficient SQL
● Production-level experience with at least one modern web application framework, such as Flask, Django, Rails, or Spring.
● Strong verbal communication skills
Ideally, you’d also have:
● Experience working within cloud-based platforms such as AWS, GCC or Azure
● Exposure to socket communication
We want to hear from mid-senior level Python full-stack developers to work with a fast-growing “startup”.
Click below to apply for this role.