Systems Modelling and Simulation Engineer
£45,000-£50,000 per annum (negotiable)
37 hours per week, permanent
25 days holiday plus 8 UK bank holidays, Workplace Pension Plan (5%), Employee Assistance Programme, staff car park, Bike to Work & Childcare Voucher schemes.
Inclusive Boards is working with a growing and agile SME, pioneering in Autonomy and Unmanned Systems. They are renowned for innovation in the delivery of technical solutions in this domain, with strong collaboration with Aerospace and Defence Primes, SMEs and Academia. Rapid technology integration and maturation of ‘best of breed’ UK technology is a mantra within the company. Their track record in innovative research and flight test ‘firsts’ have won them several awards and a prime position in Unmanned Air Systems solutions to the Maritime and Energy domains in the UK and Europe.
We are looking for a Systems Modelling and Simulation Engineer to join a fast moving environment within the Modelling & Simulation Team. Some customer facing involvement will be required.
As a Systems Modelling and Simulation Engineer, you will have experience of system and subsystem requirements analysis, definition and architecting; model development and integration, and verification and validation using MATLAB, Simulink and related tools; the autocoding of Simulink models to C/C++; assessment of third party work; and the development and maintenance of standard processes within the programme framework. It is vital that the successful candidate is flexible and comfortable working in a prototyping / demonstration environment, where contributing to elements of work outside their core skill set may be required.
- Simulink model development, integration and testing of aircraft and aerospace systems
- Simulation development, testing and application with results analysis to provide understanding of the component models and their interactions
- Model development for integration into Distributed Simulations, testing in Distributed Simulation Environments
- Collaborative working with team members and suppliers in the definition and testing of complex system emulations
- Investigation of modelling and simulation tools to meet new customer requirements, and subsequent development of applications for delivery to the end user
- Verification and Validation of models/simulations
- Delivery, reporting and presentation of technical and experimental work, and provision of documentation (ICDs, User Guides, Delivery Notes) for models, simulations and applications.
- Investigative and analytical functions
- Process development and maintenance
- Configuration management
The above is not an exhaustive list of activities. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company. Some travel within the UK and internationally may be required.
- Aerospace Systems Modelling experience
- MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow
- Systems engineering lifecycle including:
- Systems design and requirements capture
- Testing, verification and validation
- Process development and documentation
- Prepared to travel within the UK and internationally
- 5 years’ practical Simulink experience
- Matlab Coder, Simulink Coder
- Other programming languages (C / Python / Java)
- Distributed Simulation Experience (DIS, HLA)
- GUI development
- Military, avionics & sensors
- Batchelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Software Configuration Management
- Git, SVN
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will required to be security vetted to a minimum SC level and should be prepared to undertake DV clearance if required.
Inclusive Boards actively encourage applications from people with a variety of backgrounds, experience and perspectives. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under represented. Our client is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity who don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted and shortlisted.
For all enquiries and further information please contact email@example.com