Inclusive Boards are excited to be working with Hft in their search for new Trustees.
Hft (previously known as Home Farm Trust) is a national charity that supports people with learning disabilities across England since 1962, recently expanding into Wales. Hft was founded by a group of families who passionately believed that with the right support their relatives who had learning disabilities, could live the best life possible. Today at Hft, they still hold that belief and their purpose is to ensure that they give the 2,600 people they support, either through residential care, supported living, daycare or domiciliary care, the best life possible – whatever their level of disability. Hft’s annual income is c.£85m and it employs c.3,500 people.
Inclusive Boards is working with Hft to identify candidates who can provide expert advice to the Board. We are seeking a number of Trustees with particular knowledge and experience around:
- Finance: finance, audit & risk, professionally qualified, general rounded finance background, used to dealing at Board level with performance management (financial and non-financial aspects). Preferably with experience of and capability to act as chair of an audit & risk committee of a substantial organisation scrutinising both financial and non- financial risk.
- Care: clinical professional preferably in learning disability, ideally with a national reputation and capable of leading policy discussions, and/or knowledge of social care/commissioning.
- People: human resources, professionally qualified, senior-level experience shaping and implementing strategy in an organisation with multi sites and many employees.
- Legal: a generalist who has either operated in-house as a senior lawyer or as an advisor to large scale organisations (Hft has access to particular expertise, so about guidance rather than advice) e.g. a corporate lawyer with broad legal experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 28th June 2019. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Ros Hollinghurst at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0115 934 8437 or 07568 137 714.
- External File Hft-Trustee-Recruitment-Pack-2019.pdf