Inclusive Boards is delighted to be working with England Handball on their search for a new CEO.
England Handball is the growth engine for the sport in England. The sport’s popularity soared following the 2012 Games, demand for courses and activities increased significantly. Leagues and competitions grew in size as new teams were established and partnerships with a range of agencies and England Handball appointed its first national team of development staff. The achievements of recent years have created the ideal platform for an exciting future and the England Handball Board has set an ambitious strategy for growth, innovation, inclusion and sustainability.
Handball is set to become a core university sport, recognised by British Universities and Colleges Sport; growth in participation and membership are anticipated, and the performance of elite Handball teams continues to improve on the world stage.
The organisation’s vision is for everyone to have the opportunity to be part of the excitement of handball.
Inclusive Boards is working with England Handball to identify a leader with the right skills and experience ensuring the planning, implementing and integration of the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Delivery of the England Handball strategy to 2021 and coordinating the development of the next strategic plan.
- Putting the handball community (members, clubs, referees, coaches, officials and volunteers) at the centre, nurturing relationships and driving strong communication.
- Ensure a high quality of service is provided, and work collaboratively with the handball community to deliver the strategy.
- Effective strategic, operational and leadership support to the England Handball Board to ensure the highest standards of operational delivery.
- Leadership and management of England Handball staff and volunteers, ensuring the highest standards of delivery.
- Development of strong and effective strategic alliances with external organisations to support England Handball and the delivery of its strategic plan. Key partners include British Handball, Sport England, Education sector, the Sport and Recreation Alliance, European Handball Federation and the International Handball Federation.
- Act as the accountable officer for the Exchequer and National Lottery funds received from Sport England, providing evidence of good governance and achievement of outcomes.
- Be an advocate and ambassador for England Handball and the sport generally, raising the profile of England Handball, its brand and its potential.
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive funding strategy that draws on a range of sources, ensuring financial sustainability and driving growth.
- Lead the annual budgeting and operational planning process and ensure England Handball operates under sound financial management.
- Act as an effective Executive Director on the Board by supporting the Independent Chair to ensure good governance.
- Acting as an Executive Director on the British Handball Board, as an England Handball Representative. Responsible for the BHA bank account and handling all financial transactions on behalf of the Board.
Required Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience in a senior leadership role.
- Experience of creating a high performing organisation that fosters innovation and empowers people.
- Effective leader and manager of people, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Strong business acumen with good commercial instincts, marketing, sponsorship and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of securing resources to achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to cultivate positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Understanding of financial data and accounts along with an ability to spot trends and take decisive action.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to inspire others.
- Experience of defining and delivering against success measures that drive high-quality service.
- Previous experience of working within sport, and or working in a Board environment, is desirable.
The new CEO will be joining a vibrant, dedicated team of staff and volunteers, and will be expected to build on the achievements made so far to create a successful and sustainable future for Handball.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: Ros Hollinghurst, email@example.com by 5th July 2019.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Ros Hollinghurst on 07568 137 714 or 0115 934 8437.
- External File EHA-CEO-Recruitment-Pack-FINAL.pdf