Inclusive Boards are pleased to be supporting Imperial College Union in their search for a new Chair. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chair interested in doing an extraordinary amount of good for students at one of the world’s most prestigious institutions.
Imperial College Union (The Union) is a student-led, democratically run charity with elected representatives who sit on Union committees, direct Union resources, and represent the views of students to the College and external bodies. The Union is led by student officers who act as representatives to the 21,000+ members. The objective of Imperial College Union is to have a positive impact on the experience and outcomes of all Imperial College students from all backgrounds. The way positive impact is delivered is through a combination of service provision and advocating for students. The Union has had a long, varied history over nearly 100 years, but the last 18 months have been especially challenging. The Union is currently in the middle of a period of turnaround and transformation with a new strategic plan and operating model currently in development.
As Chair and part of the Imperial College Union Board of Trustees, you will be responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity. This includes ensuring the
charity has a clear vision, ensuring financial stability and compliance with relevant governing documents, laws and regulatory guidelines.
For more information please download and read the Candidate Pack by clicking on the button below.
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an essential and important part of your application.
- Details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you, referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
- Please submit your CV and Cover Letter using the form on this page or to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 to leave a message for Ros Hollinghurst or send an email to email@example.com.
Please apply via the form on this page or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.59 23/05/2021.
Please note the following provisional interview dates:
- First stage interviews ongoing with Inclusive Boards up to and including w/c 31/05/2021.
- Stakeholder panel discussion – 01/07/2021.
- Final decision panel interviews – 06/07/2021.
Imperial College Union welcome applications from anyone regardless of disability, ethnicity, heritage, gender, sexuality, religion, socio-economic background and other differences. Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM