We are delighted to support Key Fund Investments (Key Fund) in their search for a Chair.
For over 20 years, Key Fund has provided business support, grants and loans to social and community enterprises. Today, Key Fund operates across the whole of the North and Midlands. It has built an enviable track record of investing funds from a wide range of organisations, including local, regional and national governments, private trusts and foundations, other financial institutions and corporate bodies.
As a social enterprise, their mission is to help remove barriers that propagate poverty or disadvantage. Every £1 the organisation invests equates to almost £8 return of value in a community. But it’s the people, the human stories behind the figures and finance, that are part of Key Fund’s DNA.
Social enterprises have never been more important. They create and sustain jobs and local economies, and in turn, offer services and solutions to complex and entrenched problems. They will undoubtedly play an active and very substantial role in the economic and social recovery post COVID-19.
Key Fund’s Mission
To provide the ‘right kind of money at the right time’ for the development and growth of sustainable and impactful community and social enterprises that are unable to secure support from elsewhere.
The Chair of our Board is responsible for leadership, clarity of purpose, a cohesive and diverse board, considered decision making and constructive relationships. They will also be an important ambassador for our organisation.
- Being willing and able to lead the Board and work in partnership with the Chief Executive and Management Team
- Ensuring that the Board discusses, agrees and upholds the mission and core values of the organisation whilst achieving its financial targets
- Representing the organisation at the appropriate level
- Making and maintaining effective networks
Clarity of Purpose
- Ensuring decisions made support the vision, mission and values of the organisation.
- Managing relationships with and among individual board members
- Creating and maintaining a culture of excellence and the environment for a high performing board team.
For full details of the role and responsibilities please download and read the candidate pack by clicking on the button below.
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- Your CV and a 1-page statement saying why you believe you should become the next chair of Key Fund, sharing your ability to meet the demands of the role.
- Please include the names and contact details of two referees. Please also complete our equality and diversity monitoring form.
- If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 or 07568137714 to speak to Ros Hollinghurst or Elizabeth Oni-Iyiola.
- Equality and diversity data is held anonymously for monitoring only and does not form part of the selection process.
- Please submit your CV and Cover Letter using the form on this page or to KeyfundInvest@inclusiveboards.co.uk by 12 noon on Friday 18th September 2020.
Equality Diversity and Inclusion
Key Fund is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we particularly welcome people from all backgrounds to apply. We welcome applications from anyone regardless of their age, disability, ethnicity, heritage, gender, sexuality and socio-economic background.
Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM