Inclusive Boards is supporting MindOut in their search for a new Chair.
MindOut is a well-established, small charity run by and for LGBTQ people who experience mental health issues. They offer unique and highly effective, evidence-based mental health support. They have a great reputation and an ambitious future. Their mission is to improve the wellbeing of LGBTQ people who experience mental health issues, reduce mental health stigma, and promote positive mental health amongst the LGBTQ community. MindOut are looking for a new Chair who will play a key role in ensuring they meet their strategic aims, provide leadership and direction to the board, ensuring they fulfil their responsibilities for governance.
As MindOut is an organisation run by and for LGBTQ people, they want the Chair to represent the service users as well as the following experience and skills.
- Previous experience as a board member.
- Experience of mental health issues, either directly or indirectly.
- Personal experience of mental health will be viewed positively.
- Understanding of the voluntary sector, its context and how it operates.
- Identifying as LGBTQ.
- Ability to lead the organisation in line with our vision and values and to deliver our strategic aims.
- Able to apply knowledge of inclusion and diversity to management of the board and broader governance issues.
- Charity governance through strong ethics and transparency.
- Able to apply creativity and innovation to change and growth.
- Willing and able to work as part of the governance team and in collaboration with the CEO and senior leadership team.
- Assist the CEO and the senior leadership team in building networks of organisations and individuals who can help further the organisation’s mission.
- Leading teams and organisations to inclusive and objective decision making.
- External networking with organisations and individuals in order to support the achievement of our mission and strategic plan.
- A Trustee or leader during a time of significant growth.
The board meets at least six times a year.
The Chair is expected to also meet with the CEO at least once a month. There are also two strategic meetings in the year which includes an away day. Please see the candidate pack below for more information on the role.
Mind Out Candidate PackDOWNLOAD WORD VERSION
Diversity and Inclusion:
MindOut is deeply committed to inclusive working practices and welcome applications from anyone regardless of their age, disability, ethnicity, heritage, and socio-economic background. In addition, during the application process they commit to:
- Paying for childcare whilst you’re at MindOut’s interviews. (if these are held in person.)
- Paying for your travel costs to the office and back for interviews (if these are held in person.)
- Making any reasonable adjustments – for example ensuring we have sign language interpreters organised in advance if you’d like them.
- Providing this document in a Word document format readily available to download.
- Offering a guaranteed first stage interview for disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the role with Inclusive Boards (Please state this in your application if required)
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification.
Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 or send an enquiry or your application to MindOut@inclusiveboards.co.uk. Alternatively, you can apply here directly.
Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to MindOut.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 22nd November 2020