Inclusive Boards are delighted to be supporting Centric in their search for a new Director of Engagement.
Centric is a new community research offer developed and built within The Social Innovation Partnership (TSIP). Centric was founded in 2020 and will be incubated within TSIP. Their aim is to change the way research is delivered within communities. Community research is defined as research done for and by community members. Since its inception, Centric has worked with a number of organisations, including Peabody, one of London’s oldest and largest housing associations, Guys and St Thomas Charity, a 500 year old organisation focused on tackling complex health issues in two of the most diverse boroughs in London; Southwark and Lambeth. We currently have two community research teams – one covering parts of Lambeth and Southwark and another based in Thamesmead.
As Director of Client Engagement, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic senior-level client relationships on behalf of Centric. You will establish yourself as the advisor of choice across key clients in the private, social and public sector. You will oversee the quality of work being delivered, with ultimate responsibility for ensuring high quality project delivery and client satisfaction. You will have excellent communications skills and the ability to manage multiple/complex demands effectively.
We have a draft target client list and an existing pipeline of opportunities, but we will expect you to add to the list and build new relationships. Centric aims to
establish a network of community research ‘hubs’ in different areas – this role will see you laying the groundwork for scaling and replication by developing a solid portfolio of work and building the client relationships needed to ensure a sustainable level of work in these new areas.
You will work closely with the Founder and Director of Innovation, Shaun Danquah, to develop collateral that can be used for business development. Together, you will oversee the creation of high-value proposals and pitches for clients, provide templates and support local Hub managers with their business development activity. You will also work closely with an incoming Director of Operations to ensure business systems and processes are conducive to sales and project delivery.
In your formal application, we request that you respond directly to as many of the criteria listed, however candidates need not meet all of the person specification criteria to apply. There is an expectation that all candidates will be able to demonstrate suitable knowledge and experience of working with clients and building/maintaining stakeholders in their role.
- An in-depth understanding of societal issues at local levels
- Have a strong new business development or strategic management background with a
proven track record in consulting/professional services industry
- Demonstrate experience of developing, managing and sustaining credible and trusted
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers for clients across
different types of organisations and proven experience of working with internal consultants
and business leaders in multiple industries to develop compelling client propositions
- Have proven success in developing and winning client deals using a range of sales
methodologies and sustainably growing pipelines
- Be flexible and adaptable and have a clear understanding of best practice and sales
- Have strong ability in project management and delivery of multiple initiatives across
- Be able to effectively collaborate with others in different business settings and manage
multiple stakeholders at a senior level
- Have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, business environment and
consulting/professional services industry dynamics
- Possess excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills and gravitas with
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding the ability to work as a flexible team-member and contribute to a wide
range of challenges
- Post-graduate research degree
- A strong understanding of research methods and ethics
- Knowledge of forthcoming changes, regulation and legislation within academia
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the UK in business, society and tech
- Knowledge of underrepresented, deprived and minority communities
- Proficient working with social media platforms
- High level of skill in strategic and analytical thinking, with the ability to make critical
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and future challenges facing both community and
- An up-to-date knowledge of legislative frameworks and key issues relevant to the post
- Financial and commercial awareness and the ability to analyse complex information with
Qualities and Values
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Values and promotes diversity
- Able to work independently whilst working as a team player
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple streams of work
- Desire to support deprived and minority communities
- Understanding, empathy and commitment to the aims and values of Centric
- Commitment to providing a high-quality service
For more information please download and read the Candidate Pack by clicking on the button below.DOWNLOAD CANDIDATE PACK
If you wish to apply for this position, please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements;
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application;
- Diversity monitoring form – your data will be stored separately from your application and will at no time be connected to you or your application. The recruitment process is being undertaken by Inclusive Boards on behalf of TSIP (Centric).
Please send your CV and cover letter to Centric@Inclusiveboards.co.uk by 6th June 2021.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Inclusive Boards on 0207 267 8369.
Should you choose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to Centric.