Inclusive Boards are delighted to be supporting Centric in their search for a new Director of Operations.
Centric is a new community research offer developed and built within The Social Innovation Partnership (TSIP). Centric was founded in 2020 and will be incubated within TSIP. Their aim is to change the way research is delivered within communities. Community research is defined as research done for and by community members. Since its inception, Centric has worked with a number of organisations, including Peabody, one of London’s oldest and largest housing associations, Guys and St Thomas Charity, a 500 year old organisation focused on tackling complex health issues in two of the most diverse boroughs in London; Southwark and Lambeth. We currently have two community research teams – one covering parts of Lambeth and Southwark and another based in Thamesmead.
As Director of Operations, you will be part of the founding executive team. You will be responsible for developing and steering the systems, policies and processes that will enable Centric to operate efficiently, progress through the incubation stage and scale. As Director of Operations, you will work closely with the Founder/Director of Innovation Shaun Danquah and an incoming Director of Client Services, to establish the right governance around this new organisation and to put key business infrastructure in place including for finance, IT, CRM and HR. You will also contribute significantly to scaling and replication, by developing the resources, support and approaches needed to ensure consistency and high quality delivery as Centric moves into new areas.
In your formal application, we request that you respond directly to as many of the criteria listed, however candidates need not meet all of the person specification criteria to apply. There is an expectation that all candidates will be able to demonstrate suitable knowledge and experience of being in an Operations role.
- Familiarity with a range of operational systems, processes and policies across finance, IT, CRM, HR
- An in-depth understanding of societal issues at local levels
- Knowledge of emerging trends in the UK in business, society and tech
- Significant experience of operational business leadership
- Significant experience of developing and implementing new operational processes
- Line management experience including managing managers
- Able to convey information to a broad range of audiences both orally and in writing
- Experience of reviewing and negotiating contracts
- Experience of negotiating and influencing at a strategic level and building relationships to enhance business opportunities
- Have a strong record of supporting others’ personal development and growth
- Operational management and/or leadership qualifications
- Strong understanding of corporate governance
- Understanding of intellectual property and revenue sharing as it relates to contracting with funders
- Knowledge of underrepresented, deprived and minority communities
- Experience of working in a start-up or rapidly scaling organization
- Experience of working in consulting or a professional services environment
- An up-to-date knowledge of legislative frameworks and key issues relevant to the post
- Financial and commercial awareness and the ability to analyse complex information with clarity
Qualities and Values
- Committed to community ownership and champion for community voice
- Committed to addressing societal injustice and inequality
- Willing to get stuck in and help where needed in the context of a small and growing organisation
- Possessing the authority, presence and integrity to command respect from colleagues within the company and from external partners
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Commitment to providing a high-quality service
- Values and promotes diversity
- Able to work independently whilst working as a team player
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple streams of work
- Lived experience of social issues and deep commitment to/ understanding of diverse communities
For more information please download and read the Candidate Pack by clicking on the button below.DOWNLOAD CANDIDATE PACK
If you wish to apply for this position, please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements;
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application;
- Diversity monitoring form – your data will be stored separately from your application and will at no time be connected to you or your application.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Centric@Inclusiveboards.co.uk by 6th June 2021.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Inclusive Boards on 0207 267 8369.
Should you choose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to Centric.