Inclusive Boards are delighted to be supporting The Social Innovation Partnership (TSIP) in their search for a new Head of Funding.
The Social Innovation Partnership (TSIP) supports organisations who are trying to do good to do better. We are a diverse team of technical and community specialists who are joining forces to drive inclusive social change. We do this in two ways:
1. We help organisations to better understand issues, places and their own social impact
2. We design and pilot new programmes to improve people’s quality of life and make society fairer
Community engagement is a key part of TSIP’s approach. They recruit and work with local residents and people who have lived experience of social issues in order to co-develop solutions. TSIP think it is important to engage diverse perspectives, especially those of historically underrepresented groups who have too often been sidelined in social change. This means finding ways of meeting people where they are, building trust and being willing to do
As Head of Funding, your time will be split between acting as the funding lead for a community-led fund pilot and helping to develop and lead other projects for TSIP, championing better ways of funding socially-focused work. The ideal candidate will have an inspiring vision for how funding can be done better. You will bring significant skill and expertise linked to revenue generation across a range of methods (e.g. fundraising, sales, investment) and be able to point to programmes and organisations that you have made more resilient and sustainable. You will be passionate about enabling community leadership and will have a strong track record of supporting others’ personal development and progression. You will be able to strike a thoughtful balance between personal leadership and vision, and empowering and enabling others. Experience of working for a funder / administering a fund is desirable but not essential, as is familiarity with the South London neighbourhoods we plan to work in.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Highly experienced at revenue generation using a range of approaches
- Strong track record of successful revenue generation in excess of £300k p.a.
- Strong understanding of charitable funding in the UK
- Passion for sharing skills and helping others to learn and develop
- Natural ability to build relationships with diverse individuals
- Experience of developing programmes / organisations with a lasting legacy
- Understanding of and deep interest in social issues
- Great team player
- Experience of managing complex projects and programmes
- An empowering and enabling leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information please download and read the Candidate Pack by clicking on the button below.DOWNLOAD CANDIDATE PACK
If you wish to apply for this position, please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements;
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application;
- Diversity monitoring form – your data will be stored separately from your application and will at no time be connected to you or your application. The recruitment process is being undertaken by Inclusive Boards on behalf of TSIP (Centric).
Please send your CV and cover letter to TSIP@Inclusiveboards.co.uk by 6th June 2021.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Inclusive Boards on 0207 267 8369.
Should you choose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to TSIP.