An exciting opportunity to join the Board of London & Partners. London & Partners is a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London as well as other public sector funding, fees from our commercial partners, in-kind support from the private sector and income from commercial activities. The organisation was established by the Mayor of London in 2011 and has a global reach with offices in London, Beijing, Shanghai, Mumbai, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco, with representatives in several more countries.
London & Partners is London’s trade, investment and international promotion agency. Its role is to promote London internationally as a leading world city to visit, and in which to study, invest, grow and meet. The organisation works to help achieve good growth for London and Londoners, and has created over 70,000 jobs since its creation. London & Partners achieves this by: building London’s international reputation; attracting international audiences and convincing them to choose London; guiding international audiences to make the most of all that London has to offer; and helping to
retain and grow London’s businesses.
In addition to the general duties which can be found in the document available to download. We would love to hear from you if you meet ONE of the following specialisms:
- A senior academic or administrative role in a higher education institution with an understanding of the importance of the sector to London’s competitiveness.
- An individual who can advise on how to engage and collaborate effectively with universities to attract students and support the promotion of London’s key sectors.
- A senior role in a travel or hospitality related organisation focused on sales or marketing to international consumers. First-time visitors from target markets are a key audience. London & Partners represents the tourism industry in London through a growing membership scheme.
- An individual who understands the importance of international tourists for London and how to attract them. Strong networks within the tourism sector would be beneficial in supporting greater collaboration with the industry to attract tourists and support the growth of the membership scheme.
Experience of public-sector funded organisations:
- A senior or non-executive role within an organisation funded wholly or partially by the public sector.
- An individual with experience of bidding for public-sector funds and an understanding of the particular governance issues within a public body that also generates funds through commercial activities.
If you are interested in this role please click the button below to download the candidate information pack.DOWNLOAD CANDIDATE PACK
Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to London & Partners.
Closing Date: 14th February 2020, 23:59
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Elizabeth Oni-Iyola on 0207 267 8369 or Elizabeth.O@inclusiveboards.co.uk.