We are excited to support Fair for You Enterprise CIC in their search for a Non-Executive Director. We are looking for an individual who can support the mission and vision of the organisation.
Fair for You Enterprise CIC has an objective to alleviate poverty through better credit solutions for lower income family households and to influence how they lend as a society to lower income families. The organisation is driven by a team that believes they can lend better into family households. They firmly believe that when this is done well, it keeps families out of poverty and not trapped within it. It is well documented that families are being impacted by fluctuating income and the rising cost of living, and there is a clear need for access to affordable and flexible credit when hit by emergencies and unexpected costs.
To agree policy and exercise control over the direction and performance of the organisation, whilst ensuring adherence to all appropriate statutory, prudential and regulatory requirements.
Main Activities and Key Tasks
- To attend board and appropriate board committee meetings to provide support to the executive directors.
- In the achievement of corporate targets bearing in mind, at all times, the interests of the customers.
- To evaluate board papers (including board sub-committees and subsidiary companies) and exercise rigorous oversight in the running of the organisation.
- To provide an independent perspective on the overall running of the business and to monitor and constructively challenge the approach of executive management, the organisation’s performance and its standards of conduct.
- To participate in consultation leading to the formulation of strategy and major policies.
We would love to hear from you if you can bring ANY ONE of the following areas of specialism to the Board;
- An individual who has a good understanding of social enterprise and has supported one to scale up.
- An individual who has extensive experience in HR, organisation development and change.
For full details of the role and responsibilities please download and read the candidate pack by clicking on the button below.
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you, referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
- If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 to speak to Elizabeth Oni-Iyiola.
- Please submit your CV and Cover Letter using the form on this page or to Fairforyou@inclusiveboards.co.uk
Equality Diversity and Inclusion
Fair For You Enterprise CIC is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we particularly welcome people from all backgrounds to apply. We welcome applications from anyone regardless of their age, disability, ethnicity, heritage, gender, sexuality and socio-economic background.
Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM