Inclusive Boards are delighted to be supporting Populo Living in their search for a new Non-Executive Director.
Populo Living is Newham’s housing company; they are wholly owned by the London Borough of Newham. Populo exist to tackle the shortage of homes in the Borough and to deliver half of these homes at genuinely affordable levels.
The Populo Group has evolved since its inception to become a leading provider of both affordable and privately rented homes. Their profits are recycled back into delivering even more high quality homes for people who want to make Newham home. Having somewhere to call home is fundamental to people’s health and wellbeing and is the central pillar of their mission.
With several sites already earmarked for development across Newham, their development plans stretch well into the next decade.
Populo are searching for one new NED to join their Group Board (The Board of Populo Living) at a time of exciting accelerated growth for the organisation. The purpose of the role is to work with fellow Board members to provide and ensure strategic leadership and direction to Populo.
They are particularly interested to hear from individuals who can bring ONE of the following areas of specialism to the Board;
- Community Engagement
- Marketing and Branding
- Digital and Technology
Populo are also keen to hear from people who live, work or have links to Newham, come from BAME background and/or identify as LGBTQ+ as these groups are currently underrepresented on their Board.
If you are interested in applying please download the candidate pack below by clicking the relevant link for further information.
Populo Living is deeply committed to inclusive working practices, so during the
application process they commit to:
- Paying for childcare whilst you are at interviews where these take place in
- Paying for your travel costs to the office and back for interviews held in
- Making any reasonable adjustments – for example ensuring we have a sign
language interpreter organised in advance if you’d like them.
- Providing this document in a Word document format readily available to
- Offering a guaranteed first stage interview with Inclusive Boards for disabled
candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the role.
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 to leave a message for Sam Carey or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply from this page or by sending the requested details to the above address.
Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to Populo Living.