Inclusive Boards is supporting The Private Healthcare Information Network (PHIN) in their search for a new Non Executive Director.
(PHIN) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that exists to create and publish information enabling prospective patients to compare price and quality across providers in private healthcare. This in turn enables fair competition, effective choice and performance improvement. PHIN publish information on over 200 types of procedures conducted at over 500 private hospitals across the United Kingdom by more than 15,000 GMC-registered specialist consultants. This includes information on quality and fees. PHIN has a capable and effective Board currently comprising ten Directors drawn from the fields of healthcare and market regulation. The Board is balanced and independent, and includes non-executive directors nominated by key stakeholder groups as well as wholly independent individuals.
They are keen to find a new Non Executive Director who can particularly help them to understand and maintain focus on the patient/consumer as the ultimate customer for and beneficiary of their information.
- An individual with strong consumer experience to help drive our important work as a champion of transparency and accurate information in healthcare.
- Experience of developing online or information services for patients and/or consumers.
- Experience as a Director or Trustee of an influential organisation and will have a good understanding of effective board-level governance
- A professional understanding of people as patients and consumers and be able to keep their interests and possible perspectives in mind
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to persuade and influence to promote the interests of PHIN.
- Good listening skills and openness to others’ views and feedback on their own contributions.
- Able to operate at a strategic level, bringing insight and interrogation to the development of organisational strategy.
- Taking high-level decisions about the future of the organisation.
Please see the attached candidate pack for more information on the role
PHIN is deeply committed to inclusive working practices, so during the application process they commit to:
- Paying for childcare whilst you’re at PHIN’s interviews if held in person
- Paying for your travel costs to the office and back for interviews when this is held in person.
- Making any reasonable adjustments – for example ensuring we have a sign language interpreters organised in advance if you’d like them.
- Providing this document in a Word document format readily available to download.
- Offering a guaranteed first stage interview for disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the role with Inclusive Boards
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 or send an email to PHIN@inclusiveboards.co.uk, alternatively, you can apply from this page or by sending the requested details to the above address.
Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to PHIN
The closing date for applications is Sunday 22nd November 2020