We are excited to support The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in their search for two Non-Executive Directors. We are looking for individuals who can support the mission and vision of the organisation.
The Christie is one of Europe’s leading cancer centres and an international leader in cancer research. They are a performance-driven and high-achieving organisation, with the patient at the heart of everything they do. Christie’s Strategy ambition is to be one of the leading integrated cancer centres in the world. Their combination of service, research and education makes them special and they use a strong business approach to develop their services.
Christie’s skilled and committed staff are the ‘jewels in their crown’ and they strongly encourage a culture of innovation and high quality care for patients, alongside performance management and responsibility. As a Non-executive Director, you could have a unique opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team who play a pivotal role in the treatment and care of Christie’s patients, leading edge research and professional education.
To provide independent judgement and advice to the executive board. Collectively, the board is responsible for the management and governance of the entire organisation.
We would love to hear from you if you can bring ANY ONE of the following areas of specialism to the Board;
- Good links with stakeholders in local communities within Greater Manchester, with experience of engagement with particularly under-represented groups (e.g. black and minority ethnic communities, LGBT, young people).
- Qualified accountant with ability to chair the Audit Committee.
For full details of the role and responsibilities please download and read the candidate pack by clicking on the button below.
DOWNLOAD CANDIDATE PACK WORD VERSION COMING SOON
Earnings are expected to be a minimum of £12,850 pa based on the commitments articulated in the candidate pack. If the successful candidate becomes a chair of a board committee the post attracts an additional £3,000 pa.
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you, referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
- If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 or send an enquiry toTheChristie@inclusiveboards.co.uk
- Please submit your CV and Cover Letter using the form on this page or to TheChristie@inclusiveboards.co.uk
Equality Diversity and Inclusion
The Christie NHS Foundation Trust is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we particularly welcome people from all backgrounds to apply. We welcome applications from anyone regardless of their age, disability, ethnicity, heritage, gender, sexuality and socio-economic background. Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM
This in no way affects your application to The Christie
Closing Date: Sunday, 25th October 2020, 23:59