Inclusive Boards are pleased to be working with Cerebral Palsy Sport in their search for a new Trustee.
Cerebral Palsy Sport is the country’s leading national disability sports organisation improving the health and emotional wellbeing of people with cerebral palsy through physical activity, and engaging the community in a number of programmes and interventions.
Cerebral Palsy Sport is governed by a Board of up to ten Trustees that bring a range of skills to support the organisation with governance decisions. The Board are independent individuals with a range of skills and competencies across key sectors that enables Cerebral Palsy Sport to operate as an effective strategic national disability sports organisation (NDSO), charity and a Limited Company.
They are looking for one new Trustee who can support in setting the strategic direction of the charity and ensuring it performs effectively.
They are looking for someone who:
- Cares passionately about Cerebral Palsy Sport and who recognises the vital contribution the organisation makes to the lives of disabled people.
- Can be a powerful advocate of Cerebral Palsy Sport and its interests.
Cerebral Palsy Sport particularly welcome people with lived experience of cerebral palsy to apply as they want their Board to better mirror the community they serve.
If you are interested in applying please download the candidate pack below by clicking the relevant link for further information.
Cerebral Palsy Sport is deeply committed to inclusive working practices, so during the
application process they commit to:
- Paying for childcare whilst you are at interviews where these take place in
- Paying for your travel costs to the office and back for interviews held in
- Making any reasonable adjustments – for example ensuring we have a sign
language interpreter organised in advance if you’d like them.
- Providing this document in a Word document format readily available to
- Offering a guaranteed first stage interview with Inclusive Boards for disabled
candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the role.
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 to leave a message for Sam Carey or send an email to CPSport@inclusiveboards.co.uk.
You can apply from this page or by sending the requested details to the above address.
Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to Cerebral Palsy Sport.