Inclusive Boards are delighted to be supporting the Orpheus Centre in their search for a new Trustee.
Orpheus is a charity started by the entertainer Sir Richard Stilgoe to promote the independence and confidence of young disabled adults through the vehicle of the performing arts. Orpheus is a vibrant Independent Specialist college for young disabled adults who have a passion for the performing arts and a desire to live independently. Orpheus believes that disabled people should have the same opportunities as their non-disabled peers. They aim to equip young disabled people with the skills and confidence they need in order to live independent and fulfilling lives in the community.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of Orpheus, developing the organisation’s aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
Orpheus are particularly keen to hear from candidates with experience in Information Technology alongside the following essential criteria:
- Experience in SME IT procurement and planning
- Ability to advise on IT strategy and regulations
- Expertise in best procurement practice.
The following are desirable, but not essential for all new Board members:
- Knowledge with security and data protection
- Knowledge of Charity Digital Code
- Understanding of further education, care or public sector settings.
For more information please download and read the Candidate Pack by clicking on the button below.
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you, referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
- Please submit your CV and Cover Letter using the form on this page or to Orpheus@inclusiveboards.co.uk
If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 to leave a message for Ieva Gruzdyte or send an email to Orpheus@inclusiveboards.co.uk.
Orpheus is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we particularly welcome people from all backgrounds to apply. We welcome applications from anyone regardless of their age, disability, ethnicity, heritage, gender, sexuality and socio-economic background.