Inclusive Boards are supporting GoodGym with their board recruitment.
GoodGym is a multi-award winning charity that connects exercise with volunteering. Across 58 cities and boroughs, its members run to help isolated older people and community projects. This approach has been shown to reduce isolation, improve community cohesion and to improve wellbeing for all involved. GoodGym is frequently cited as a leading social innovation by the government, mainstream press and leading think tanks. As GoodGym’s reach and activity continue to grow as a Trustee, you will play an important part in increasing our impact.
GoodGym is expanding its board to recognise the growth in the scale of its operations. GoodGym’s Trustees have overall legal responsibility for the charity. Trusteeships are unpaid voluntary roles and are non-executive, meaning that they do not carry out the day to day work of the charity. They meet six times a year to oversee, support and hold-to-account the executive team. You do not need previous Directorship or Trustee experience in order to apply for this role.
Key Responsibilities and duties:
- Bring a strong, independent voice to support GoodGym’s governance.
- Be an ambassador for GoodGym; tell their story and support their activities and community values
- Help them think through how they grow the charity.
- Support the development of their governance structure.
- Commit to their aim of becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
- Understand their sector and work.
There is one (1) Trustee position available. We are looking for individuals who can bring any ONE of the following areas of specialism to the board:
- Someone who understands and has experience with governance and charity law.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Someone with a professional understanding of diversity & inclusion which they can execute at a strategic level.
- Someone with experience in either sport or community organising space (or both) and who can bring this understanding to the board.
Commitment to Diversity
- GoodGym is committed to developing and maintaining a Board of Trustees that represents their reach and the communities they are in, demonstrating diversity with regard to gender identity, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, background and geography. If there is anything else you are concerned about or think we could provide, please let us know.
- Offering a guaranteed first stage interview with Inclusive Boards for disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the role.
How to Apply
- If you wish to apply for this position, please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. (Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.)
- Diversity monitoring form – your data will be stored separately from your application and will at no time be connected to you or your application.
For more information on the role, please download the information pack by clicking the link below.
Closing Date: Saturday 15th August 2020 23:59
Please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you choose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our diversity monitoring form below. This in no way affects your application to the GoodGym.DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM
To apply or find out more, please get in touch with Jack Harmsworth on 0207 267 8369 or on 07500 893185 alternatively you can email email@example.com.