We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the board as a Trustee for The Old Vic. There are up to three positions available.
The Old Vic is London’s independent, not-for-profit theatre, a world leader in creativity and entertainment. It makes, shares and upholds theatre for as many people as possible.
Through its programming, the affordability of its tickets, the 1,000 seats in its auditorium, its history, and its outreach work, The Old Vic is able to encourage people to experience world class theatre for the first time as well as offer a unique experience each time to those who keep coming back for more.
The Old Vic are are seeking to actively recruit Trustees with experience in the following areas:
- Development and Fundraising with a view to chairing our new Capital Board
- Education, Community & Outreach work
- Creative talent/Commercial production experience
- Commitment and devotion of time and effort
- Able to operate at a strategic level and showcase good, independent judgement and creative thinking
- The willingness to speak their mind
- Have an understanding the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trustees/directors
- Be able to effectively work as a member of a team
- Demonstrate selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership
- Have a commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
Please see the attached candidate pack for more information on the roleDOWNLOAD CANDIDATE PACK
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 to speak to Jelil Akinwande or send an email to Oldvic@inclusiveboards.co.uk
You can apply from this page or by sending the requested details to the above address.
Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to The Old Vic.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 15th November 2020