Inclusive Boards is supporting Maytree in their search for three new Trustees.
Maytree is a registered national charity that has been providing a refuge for the people in suicidal crisis for nearly two decades. Their respite centre runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and a small staff team and volunteers spend up to 77 hours with each guest during their stay, providing the opportunity for them to explore their thoughts and fears. Maytree aims to alleviate suffering and help people in suicidal crisis to re-engage with life and to restore hope. Their mission is to provide everybody in suicidal crisis to have somewhere safe to go where they will be heard, understood and supported.
Maytree are searching for three new trustees with experience and skills in the following areas:
- Fundraising strategy and innovation, including new and dynamic approaches and digital
- Experience with operations and service delivery in the voluntary sector.
- An entrepreneurial individual who has supported an organisation to grow and/or started their own social enterprise to grow.
- Providing strategic direction and setting overall policy in line with its charitable objectives
- Supporting the organisation in setting targets and performance for the organisation to achieve its strategic objectives
- Ensuring Maytree’s financial stability
- Ensuring that Maytree has an appropriate system of financial controls in place and observing this
- Ensuring an appropriate level of accountability when matters are delegated to the senior management team
- Safeguarding Maytree’s reputation and values Managing the performance of the Director, through the Chair of the Board
- Agreeing the Director’s annual objectives in relation to organisational strategy
Board meetings will be held in both London and Manchester a minimum of 4 times per year. Depending on Covid-19 restrictions, this is flexible and will likely be online for the foreseeable future.
To apply, please send:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is a very important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
- Online diversity monitoring form – your data will be sent to us automatically and is stored separately from your application and will at no time be connected to you or your application.
For more information on the role please download the Trustee pack.
Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please also fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to Maytree.
If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 to arrange a call to speak with Elizabeth Oni-Iyiola or send an email to Maytree@inclusiveboards.co.uk
The deadline for applications is Sunday 3rd January 2021 at 23:59