We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the board of Forward Trust. There are three positions available.
The Forward Trust (FT) was created three years ago by the merger of The Rehabilitation for Addicted Prisoners Trust (RAPt) and Blue Sky Development and Regeneration. RAPt introduced intensive abstinence based drug treatment into the English Prison system some 25 years ago, and has remained at the forefront of successful drug and alcohol intervention ever since. Forward supports people to break the cycle of crime and addiction to move forward with their lives. Thanks to the merger with Blue Sky, and more recently Vision Housing, FT now provides a wide range of services to addicts, alcoholics, and offenders, both in the prison system and in the community. With a turnover of over £20 million, and more than 400 staff, the charity each year helps many thousands of people turn their lives around.
The Forward Trust hope to find three Trustees who bring any ONE (or more) of the following areas of specialism to the Board;
- Experience and detailed understanding of social housing;
- Senior leadership experience in skills and education provision;
- Understanding of criminal justice and the prison system at a senior leadership level.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to persuade and influence to promote the interests of Forward;
- Good listening skills and openness to others’ views and feedback on own contribution;
- Able to operate at a strategic level, bringing insight and interrogation to the development of organisational strategy;
- Taking high-level decisions about the future of the organisation.
Please see the attached candidate pack for more information on the role
Forward Trust is deeply committed to inclusive working practices, so during the
application process they commit to:
- Paying for childcare whilst you are at interviews where these take place in
- Paying for your travel costs to the office and back for interviews held in
- Making any reasonable adjustments – for example ensuring we have a sign
language interpreter organised in advance if you’d like them.
- Providing this document in a Word document format readily available to
- Offering a guaranteed first stage interview with Inclusive Boards for disabled
candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the role.
If you wish to apply please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
If you would like to discuss this role informally before applying, please call 0207 267 8369 to speak to Katie Petrou or Elizabeth Oni-Iyiola or send an email to Forward@inclusiveboards.co.uk.
You can apply from this page or by sending the requested details to the above address.
Should you chose to apply, as part of Inclusive Boards’ continuing efforts to promote diversity, please fill out our DIVERSITY MONITORING FORM This in no way affects your application to Forward.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 29th November 2020