Inclusive Boards are delighted to support Turn2Us to find three (3) trustees for their board.
Turn2us is a national charity that provides practical information and support to people facing financial shocks. They work alongside those who have experienced not having enough money to live on, to develop practical information and support that helps people cope with life-changing events such as job loss, illness or bereavement.
Turn2us aim to:
- Deliver high-quality, practical programmes that include information and financial support so that people can build their own financial sustainability and thrive.
- Deliver even better impact for people facing financial hardship through the co-production of their work with experts who have lived experience, in collaboration with other organisations and through a dedication to insight, evaluation, learning and improvement.
- Build the profile of Turn2us and its work to reach people facing life-changing events and experiencing poverty, and secure support for the work.
- Develop their influence on policy, practice and public opinion, tackling the prejudice towards people experiencing poverty and insisting on their fundamental rights to access social security.
- Invest in their culture, systems, knowledge and skills.
- Maximise their assets and secure income ethically to achieve impact.
Turn2us seeks to appoint three (3) new Trustees with any of the ONE following skills or experience:
Key Responsibilities and duties:
- Trustees will work with the Chief Executive and leadership team to develop and agree strategic goals and objectives, and assess whether the management’s strategy to achieve them is reasonable in relation to the risks involved, the resources required and the benefits to be achieved.
- Monitor the charity’s progress towards the achievement of its strategic goals and objectives and monitor the impact of its activities on its beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all the charity’s activities are within its objects and within the law and relevant regulations.
- Think innovatively, critically, independently and strategically, with the ability and a proven track record of translating strategy into operational plans.
- Act in the best interests of the present and future beneficiaries setting aside any other interests you may have.
- Establish and, as necessary, review a clear framework of delegation to committees and the Chief Executive, monitor compliance with that framework and hold Committees and the Chief Executive accountable for the authority that has been delegated to them.
Trustees are appointed for an initial four year term with the opportunity to extend for a further four year period. The time commitment includes attending four Board meetings a year plus an away day and relevant committee meetings, averaging out at approximately one day a month. Board and Committee meetings are held in London, Hammersmith.
How to Apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please supply the following:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please also provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. (Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.)
- Diversity monitoring form – your data will be stored separately from your application and will at no time be connected to you or your application.
For more information on the role, please download the information pack (PDF or word document) by clicking the correct link below.
Turn2us commit to:
- Making any reasonable adjustments – for example ensuring there is a sign language interpreter organised in advance if you’d like them.
- Providing this document in a Word document format readily available to download.
- Offering a guaranteed first stage interview for disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the role.
- Turn2us operates throughout the UK and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and are actively seeking people who are Black, Asian, of mixed heritage or who identify as disabled to apply to bring their lived expertise to their work as a trustee
Closing Date: Friday October 16th 2020
Please send your CV and cover letter to Turn2us@inclusiveboards.co.uk