Inclusive Boards are delighted to once again support the search and selection of trustees to the UK Cyber Security Council.
Four Trustees are sought to join the existing Board and newly appointed Chief Executive (currently being recruited) in further developing the Council’s strategy and growing awareness of, and engagement with, the Council amongst key stakeholders. This will include the first members of the Council from September 2021. The Trustees will be instrumental in ensuring that The Council values equality, diversity and inclusion, acts with integrity, fairness and impartiality, and is informed, collaborative, straightforward, honest, lawful, and accountable in all its dealings, decisions and actions.
The UK Cyber Security Council are looking for candidates who have a strong empathy with their vision and mission, combined with an in-depth understanding of their work and ambitions. Previous Trustee experience, as well as an understanding of the culture and needs of mission- and values-driven organizations, are particularly sought. A cyber security background is not essential, nor is it necessary to be a ‘technical expert’.
UKCSC would be particularly interested in those who can bring one or more of the following specialist skills:
- An understanding of the issues relating to the setting, maintenance, assessment and promotion of, and ensuring compliance with, professional standards.
- An understanding of the UK education and training environment (and wider if possible). This should include a strategic perspective as well as encompassing qualification frameworks, curricula and assessment methods.
- Experience in start-up and early years businesses and a focus on the issues of diversification and management of income streams, and the assessment and management of risk.
- Understanding of legal issues especially in relation to professional regulation, standards and charity governance.
- An understanding of the development and application of professional ethics.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to promote the interests of the Council.
- Be a recognised leader in their field.
- A collaborative approach and openness to other views and feedback on own contribution.
- Experience/knowledge of charity governance.
- An ability to think diversely, produce innovative ideas and challenge existing thinking and perspective.
- Commitment to the Council’s mission and values.
- Commitment to delivering public good.
- Commitment to bringing high standards of ethics and transparency to the Council‘s governance.
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity.
For more information please download and read the Candidate Pack by clicking on the button below.
The Council’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
The Council is committed to developing and maintaining a Board of Trustees that will represent its UK-wide mandate, demonstrating diversity with regard to gender identity, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability and geography. Through this commitment, the Council will ensure that its Board of Trustees has the necessary depth and breadth of both professional and personal experiences to provide the strategic leadership and scrutiny required for it to succeed. If there is anything else you are concerned about or think they can provide, please let us know.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please supply the following to TheCouncil@inclusiveboards.co.uk or by the apply button.
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role that you are interested in and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
- Diversity monitoring form – your data will be stored separately from your application and will at no time be connected to you or your application.
Closing date for applications is 27th June 2021