Non-Executive Management Committee Member & Audit and Risk Committee Chairclosed
London / Remote
Deadline for applications: 3rd December 2023
Inclusive Boards is delighted to be working with the Parole Board to appoint a Non-Executive Management Committee Member and Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee.
The Parole Board is an independent body which sits as a court to protect the public by risk assessing prisoners to decide whether they can be safely released back into the community. Their work is of critical importance to victims and public safety, as well as prisoners and their families, but it also has a wider role in maintaining public confidence in the justice system.
The Parole Board are looking for an experienced Board Member who will both serve as a Non-Executive Management Committee Member and Chair the Parole Board's Audit & Risk committee. This individual will provide support to the Accounting Officer and Board on financial reporting, risk, internal control and governance.
The Parole Board are seeking candidates with:
- A recognised management or charted accountancy qualification or equivalent or relevant comparable experience
- A good knowledge and experience of working in a senior finance role, in particular management accounting.
- An excellent understanding of the role of internal and external audit.
To apply please provide:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum 2 sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed.
- Details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you who are available to be contacted before interview.
To find out more, request support when applying, or have an informal confidential discussion before applying, please get in touch with one of our consultants by emailing email@example.com