Deadline for applications: 21st February 2024
Inclusive Boards is delighted to be working with the Ministry of Justice to support the search for a new Chair of the Parole Board.
The Parole Board is an independent body which sits as a court to protect the public by risk assessing prisoners to decide whether they can be safely released back into the community. Their work is of critical importance to victims and public safety, as well as prisoners and their families, but it also has a wider role in maintaining public confidence in the justice system.
As Chair of the Parole Board, you will play a key role in leading and directing the work of the Parole Board, its Management Committee and its membership.
The Board has begun a period of modernisation to help it deliver significant improvements following the Root and Branch Review of the Parole System 2022, and further transformation may be needed in response to the Victims and Prisoners Bill. Alongside this, the workload and membership has grown as the prison population is now greater than it has ever been. The successful candidate will, therefore, need to be a strong and inclusive leader who can work across a range of challenges and provide fresh insight.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Outstanding leadership skills, with the ability to drive forward change management in a complex organisation.
- Ability to provide innovative and inclusive direction, whilst working collaboratively.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills. The ability to represent the Parole Board to a wide range of stakeholder groups, including parliamentarians, the media and the public.
- The ability to challenge and vigorously scrutinise in the public interest, the operations of the Parole Board and where necessary defending decisions against internal and external challenge.
For a full job description and person specification please download the candidate pack using the links on this page.
To apply please provide:
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum 2 sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed.
- Details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you who are available to be contacted before interview.
To find out more, request support when applying, or have an informal confidential discussion before applying, please get in touch with one of our consultants by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org